How are the files zipped?  How are they expanded?   Perhaps the zip program
being used does not preserve permission bits .. or the zip/unzip needs the
proper incantation to do it.   Using 'tar' or other compression tools that
are *nix based might help if the zip program being used isn't working..

Scott