From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
John McKown
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 6:22 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Question on acl files and permission values.

Does zip even know about acls on files? They are rather "new" and not
always supported. Also, how do you set an acl on Windows? I'm fairly
ignorant of that! I set acls on Linux, then use GNU tar with the correct
switches to transport of z/OS UNIX.

--
Trying to write with a pencil that is dull is pointless.

Maranatha!
John McKown

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please tell us immediately by return e-mail to
email.cont...@sentry.com and delete the document.

E-mails containing unprofessional, discourteous or offensive remarks violate
Sentry policy. You may report employee violations by forwarding the message to
email.cont...@sentry.com.

No recipient may use the information in this e-mail in violation of any civil
or criminal statute. Sentry disclaims all liability for any unauthorized uses
of this e-mail or its contents.

This e-mail constitutes neither an offer nor an acceptance of any offer. No
contract may be entered into by a Sentry employee without express approval from
an authorized Sentry manager.

Warning: Computer viruses can be transmitted via e-mail. Sentry accepts no
liability or responsibility for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with
this e-mail.