From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Thomas David Rivers
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 9:47 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: RACF and Linux for z/Series

Hi Mike,

 It's my understanding that for RACF on z/VM you need  an assembler.

 We have several customers using the Dignus assembler on z/VM  for this
very purpose, to avoid the purchase price of HLASM on z/VM.

 HLASM used to be a no-cost item on z/VM but now it carries a cost.

 So, if you decide to go the "RACF on z/VM" road, we can help with  that
component.

        - Dave Rivers -

--
riv...@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390