Hall, Ken (GTS) wrote:
Not the point.  *I* know where it reboots from, I've tested it.  The point was,
it's not documented, along with a lot of other behaviors unique to the z
platform.

As I said, the kickstart doc is Intel-centric, and doesn't cover z very well.
That makes it tricky to set up and maintain.

The docs are orientated towards intellish systems, true. Booting from
the default device is expected behaviour, and there has been much
discussion over the years about how to avoid install loops.

In the matter of which device a z system IPLs from, I have no experiece,
but when I last used a S/370, there was indeed a default IPL drive. We
set it with hex twist knobs. Facom systems I used were similar, except
it was done on a console, with a light pen.

I notice no one ever responded on my issue about it prompting the console for
confirmation when the disk has been formatted but not partitioned.  I suppose I
should open an issue for that, but it's not a big priority at the moment.

I thought Brad did.