How big is the guest machine size?

On SLES10, I need 768 MB to load the ram disk with an OSA connection.  OSA,
from what I remember, needs 32 MB, just for buffers.  I don't recall if that
was for each connection or for each of the tripplet addresses.  But it was a
lot more than I had when I moved from VCTCA to VSWITCH.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> Mike At HammockTree <m...@hammocktree.us> 6/17/2009 1:17 PM >>>
Since I dndn't get much response form  my initial query yesterday, I thought
I'd include a little more  information this time.  I'll paste in the log
that I captured when trying to install SLES 11 into a partition.  I tried
both OSA2/LCS and CTCI.  Note that the install program found both devices
correctly at 0400 and 0600, but when I actually tried to use them, I got
errors.  I tried the OSA2/LCS first, then the CTCI.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mike

==========  log begins >
Start Installation

1) Start Installation or Update
2) Boot Installed System
3) Start Rescue System

1

Choose the source medium.

1) DVD / CD-ROM
2) Network
3) Hard Disk

2

Choose the network protocol.

1) FTP
2) HTTP
3) NFS
4) SMB / CIFS (Windows Share)
5) TFTP

3
Detecting and loading network drivers
ccwgroup: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module

Choose the network device.

1) IBM parallel CTC Adapter (0.0.0600)
2) IBM OSA2 Adapter (0.0.0400)

2                              **** Try OSA2 / LCS  ****

Please choose the physical medium.

1) Ethernet
2) Token Ring

1
ccwgroup: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module

*** failed to load lcs module

*** No network device found.
Load a network module first.

*** No repository found.

Choose the network protocol.

1) FTP
2) HTTP
3) NFS
4) SMB / CIFS (Windows Share)
5) TFTP

3

Choose the network device.

1) IBM parallel CTC Adapter (0.0.0600)
2) IBM OSA2 Adapter (0.0.0400)

2                           *****  Try CTCI ******

ccwgroup: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module

*** failed to load ctcm module

*** No network device found.
Load a network module first.

*** No repository found.