Actually, "foo" is unrelated to "fubar". Foo was the licence plate on Smokey
Stover's two wheeled car in the comic strips, dating back to the 1920's or
1930's. "Fubar" and "foobar" came into use later, as far as I can tell, but
it's hard to trace things like that.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\