From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Michael MacIsaac
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 9:20 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: OT (was Re: RHEL 5.4 Beta is out in the wild)

Rob,

> Maybe you could get a position at the ITSO as an editor and flag
> the phrase "kill a daemon"

I recently got a variable named "foo" edited out by an ITSO editor.
Because everyone knows that foo is a variant of fubar which is an
acronym
with a *bad word* in it - "foo" might offend a reader.  The compromise
was
to name the variable "goo".

The next step may be to disallow all variables starting with "f", and
who
knows, maybe "s" too, for good measure :))

"Mike MacIsaac" <mike...@us.ibm.com>   (845) 433-7061

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or