to create your own rpm file, use a tool called checkinstall...
the process is almost the same to install using the source: ./configure &&
make && *checkinstall* make install

checkinstall will install php, create a rpm file, and store it on
/usr/src/RPMS. I always use it when I compile something from source.

Mauro
http://mauro.limeiratem.com - registered Linux User: 294521
Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.