I think that I may have joined after the original message for this thread so
I am not sure of the use case.

Sounds like you may have a "disjoint namespace" meaning that you use a
different DNS than Active Directory for your non-windows systems (like
Linux).

Our DirectControl product seamlessly works in this type environment such
that you can join AD with a different "alias" than the hostname. Single sign
on with AD still works, you don't need to change the hostname and we have a
raft of other features as well.

Just an FYI.

Best regards,

Corey

Corey Williams
Director of Product Management
Centrify Corporation
408.542.7508 office
650.520.8450 mobile
corey.willi...@centrify.com
www.centrify.com
Control. Authorize. Audit.
Centralized identity management leveraging Microsoft Active Directory.