Nice work Mark! Will spend some time there.

Gerard

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Mark Post
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:21 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Linux and z/VM Wiki

Cross-posted to Linux-390, IBMVM, and IBM-Main

The idea of having a Wiki (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wiki)
for mainframe Linux and z/VM has been floating around for some time.  It
was thought that having a Wiki with a fair amount of content already in
it would help it reach a "critical mass" of usability far sooner than
might otherwise happen.  A fair amount of behind-the-scenes work has
been done over the last couple of years to make that happen, without
much success.

So, I've decided to take a different approach.  With the assistance of
Marist College (and Velocity Software who owns the domain name), I've
put up a Wiki at http://wiki.linuxvm.org/wiki/ for people to contribute
content.  We'll see how things go from here to determine if it's worth
keeping or not.

There are a few rules, for lack of a better term, that will apply to the
Wiki, none of them particularly onerous:
   1.  Although technically not required, we would prefer that anyone
contributing to the wiki create an account before doing so.
   2. Keep things civil and professional, both in the articles
themselves, as well as the discussion pages for them.
   3. Keep things accurate. We expect vendor-specific information to be
entered here (although we'd prefer to not have pricing details). But,
any exaggerated claims, vapor ware announcements and the like are
subject to summary deletion.
   4. Try to keep bias to a minimum. Everyone has their favorite
distribution or way of doing things. Try not to let others people's
preferences in those areas be cause for any Holy Wars [TM].
   5. If you don't own the copyright to something, don't add it to the
wiki.
   6. Use common sense in general.

I hope that people find this useful, and are willing to contribute as
they are able.  With any luck, it will become a valuable resource for
everyone that might become involved in running Linux on System z.

Thanks,

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390