From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Leland Lucius
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 4:53 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: When will CMMA be removed from the kernel?

Barton Robinson wrote:
> So you should probably measure the two before deciding on which one
you
> want to keep. CMM-1 has very positive results, cmma not so positive.

At the risk of bringing on the wrath of the performance gods, I just
have to say that I'm not really interested in measuring whether CMMA is
better then CMM-1.  If the folks at IBM think that CMMA was worthwhile
enough to implement, then I'll drink their Kool-Aid and be happy with
it.  Especially since CMMA is so much easier to manage...just turn the
blasted thing on.  And it just makes sense for the two OSes to
"actively" communicate page states rather than the not-so-dynamic method
of CMM-1.

Leland

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or