Alan,

This was a layer 2 vswitch before and after the move. Also if I need to delete
and re-define do I just do it in Linux or we also need to delete and re-define
in z/VM guest ID( I do not see if this matters).  I tried deleting and
re-defining the network interface in the guest but with no success. I still get
the same error:

qdio: loading QDIO base support version 2
qeth: loading qeth S/390 OSA-Express driver
qeth: received an IDX TERMINATE with cause code 0xf6
qeth: The qeth device 0.0.0800 is not configured for the OSI layer required by
z/VM
qeth: sense data available on channel 0.0.0800.
qeth:  cstat 0x0
 dstat 0xE
qeth: irb: 00 c2 60 17  04 98 90 38  0e 00 10 00  00 80 00 00
qeth: irb: 01 02 00 00  00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00
qeth: sense data: 02 00 00 00  00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00
qeth: sense data: 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00
qeth: Initialization in hardsetup failed! rc=-5
qeth: received an IDX TERMINATE with cause code 0xf6

Regards,
Ashwin