>>> On 10/6/2009 at 12:50 PM, Eugene Carter <gene_car...@capgroup.com> wrote:
-snip-
> 1.  Are other organizations out there using iPrint on SLES (on x86) who are
> also using SLES on System z?

Yes.

> 2.  If Novell iPrint were an option for SLES on System z (and you were
> using iPrint) would you host it on System z?  If not, can you share your
> rationale/perspective?

I'm not a customer, so I won't comment here.

> 3.  Does there appear to be a business case/demand out there for Novell to
> support iPrint under SLES on System z (that Novell is unaware of)?

I believe so.  I won't say we have a _lot_ of customers running things like
iPrint and eDirectory that also have mainframes, but we do have some, and most
of them would like to run them on SLES on System z.

> 4.  Is it even worthwhile to explore (like I don't have enough to do
> already....)?

If you don't, the Novell product managers for those products will never get the
message.  (We've been telling them ourselves they should do this,  but as with
any other vendor, if it doesn't come from a customer, it doesn't seem to matter
much.)