From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Stricklin, Raymond J
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 3:32 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: zLinux and Tapes

Ruddy;

We use the Linux TSM client to perform file-level backups of our virtual Linux
machines to a zOS TSM server, so that much at least definitely works. I can't
answer to the hardware supporting the zOS side. There is definitely a VTS, but
I don't know if the Linux clients are using it.

The other half of our backup strategy, though, is to use the STK 9840 drives
attached to our zVM systems, with CA's HIDRO. This gives us image-level backups
which we use for disaster recovery.

I realize this doesn't quite answer your question, but it might give you some
additional data you can use.

ok
r.