Marcy Cortes wrote:

Jack, this Linux 390 community consists of folks running Linux on very
expensive hardware purchased by companies that view security as a very top
priority.

And the nologin 'games' account on those very expensive machines is still not a security exposure :)

  I wanted to make sure the implementations I am in charge of meet the policies
as written and that I am able to answer questions with answers that I feel are
valid.

Well, you're a very dutiful employee and they're lucky to have you. You still should kick 'em in the butt once in a while so they don't start to think that the reason you obey them is that they're smarter than the average fifth grader!

--
Jack J. Woehr            # «'I know what "it" means well enough, when I find
http://www.well.com/~jax # a thing,' said the Duck: 'it's generally a frog or