From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of R
P Herrold
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 2:05 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Download Centos

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, David Boyes wrote:

> Suggestion: download the RHEL 4 for s390x starter image from your fave
RH
> mirror, use the kernel and initrd to get a working system up, install
yum,
> and point it at the centos repository. Yum update, yum upgrade and a
lot of
> network traffic later, you have a working Centos.

perhaps, but it hardly seems fair to the engineering work that
Red Hat has done to bootstrap in that way.

I've asked here for gratis remote access to relevant hardware
to work out install testing and build issues, particularly as
to install issues before, to produce and stabilize the Centos
5 series, and updates for 4 and 5, but no offers have
resulted.  Feel free to contact me offlist if you are shy
about this

I'll do the CentOS level build, verify and integration work,
but it is pretty empty without the ability to see and resolve
the installer issues

-- Russ herrold
        herr...@centos.org
        herr...@owlriver.com
        614 488 6945

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is
solely for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
review, disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have
received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at
privacy...@ailife.com.