From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of van
Sleeuwen, Berry
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:26 AM
To: LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu
Subject: Change SAMBA password

Hello listers,

We have a SAMBA server on SLES10. The passwords are stored locally. This means
that a windows user has to update the smb password when the windows password
changes.

On zOS we have a custom webpage to let the user change their password, or
rather have them synchronize the windows password with the RACF password. We
would like to do the same for our linux machine, so to have a webbased frontend
for smbpasswd.

We can try to rewrite the zOS page and/or scripts. We even have found a package
that would do the trick, changepassword on sourceforge. But this package seemds
to be written for intel only and we can't get it to compile.

How can we make this work? Are there any tools already available for this?

Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards, Berry van Sleeuwen Flight Forum 3000
5657 EW Eindhoven

( +31 (0)6 22564276

Atos Origin <http://www.atosorigin.com/>

MO CF SC Mainframe Services

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit