I think it's complaining about the hardware address.. not the driver..   Not
sure what distro you are using -- but I would look at your network config
files for eth0 ...  and ensure the hardware address used is correct and that
the address is available to the guest.   CP QUERY NIC should tell you what
address is defined as the NIC device....

Scott Rohling