You could do something like this after extracting the archive:

#/bin/bash
mkdir ../ascii
SAVEIFS=$IFS
IFS=$(echo -en "\n\b");
for file in $(find .); do
  dd if=$file of=../ascii/$file conv=ascii
done
FS=$SAVEIFS

...and then you'll have another directory containing EBCDIC-to-ASCII
converted copied of all the files in the archive, with any directory
hierarchies within the archive maintained.

~ Chris

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM, McKown, John <john.mck...@healthmarkets.com