Hi,

I am creating a custom initrd for Red Hat.  When I load the initrd, I get
this error:

IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
qeth: Unknown symbol qdio_synchronize
qeth: Unknown symbol do_QDIO
qeth: Unknown symbol ccwgroup_probe_ccwdev
qeth: Unknown symbol ccwgroup_driver_register
qeth: Unknown symbol qdio_get_ssqd_pct
qeth: Unknown symbol ccwgroup_driver_unregister
qeth: Unknown symbol ccwgroup_remove_ccwdev
qeth: Unknown symbol qdio_initialize
qeth: Unknown symbol ccwgroup_create
qeth: Unknown symbol qdio_cleanup
qeth: Unknown symbol qdio_activate
insmod: cannot insert `/lib/qeth.ko': Unknown symbol in module (-1): No
such file or directory
FS-Cache: Loaded
qdio: loading QDIO base support version 2
qeth: loading qeth S/390 OSA-Express driver
Red Hat nash version 5.1.19.6 starting
waiting for link... 0 seconds.
Sending request for IP information through
ERROR: Interface setup failed: pumpSetupInterface failed: get link - 19: No
such device.

It looks like the qeth module is not loaded.  But when I debugged, I found
out that it is loaded, via the lsmod command.  I did a google on the error,
and found a forum where it said that the modules had to be loaded in a
certain order (ccwgroup.ko, qdio.ko, and then qeth.ko).  The order of the
network modules that I load are: ccwgroup.ko, qdio.ko, and qeth.ko.  So it
might be possible that I am missing a module.  Are there any other modules
that I am missing?

Thanks,

 Thang                                       2455 South Road          (Embedded
 Pham                                                            image moved to
                                                                          file:
                                                                  pic33777.gif)

 Phone:    (845) 433-7567                    Poughkeepsie, NY
                                            12601

 e-mail:   thang.p...@us.ibm.com