From: Linux on 390 Port [linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Michael MacIsaac
[mike...@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:38
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Strange problems adding network adapter no 2 (eth1) in SLES11 SP1

Tore,

> We really would appreciate some hints here !
Why is the broadcast address in ifcfg-eth0 starting with 131.197?
Shouldn't it be 10.248?

Then the ifcfg-eth1 file looks different, so I might try something like:
# cd /etc/sysconfig/network
# mv ifcfg-eth1 ifcfg-eth1.orig
# cat ifcfg-eth0 | sed -e 's/122/115/g' -e 's/700/710/g' > ifcfg-eth1
# reboot

But, these are just hints (guesses? :))

"Mike MacIsaac" <mike...@us.ibm.com>   (845) 433-7061