From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Agblad
Tore
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 3:58 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Strange problems adding network adapter no 2 (eth1) in SLES11 SP1

Hi again.
I'm in contact with a network person here and is trying to explain what's it
all about.
He is somewaht confused and he says the problem is in VIO.

Is there anybody else having had this problem and succeeded in explain what to
do ?
We have a SLES10 maxhine with three network adapters and that works fine, but
that is not in the
same zone. The firewall hardwre and software is the same but obviously
something differ here.

Can I add the MACID statement for the NICDEFs and try that ?
Do I need to fix that VMLAN MACPREFIX, or make sure it is set?
Hmm, I have to dig into some manuals here it seams....

Cordialement / Vriendelijke Groeten / Best Regards / Med Vänliga Hälsningar
  Tore Agblad

   Volvo Information Technology
   Infrastructure Mainframe Design & Development
   SE-405 08, Gothenburg  Sweden
   E-mail: tore.agb...@volvo.com

   http://www.volvo.com/volvoit/global/en-gb/