On Friday, 07/23/2010 at 03:05 EDT, Ed Long <rdhm...@prodigy.net> wrote:

> Sugg to the IBM'ers, the doc on this subject could stand
> an upgrade.

I'm shocked, Ed.  Shocked, I say.  It's intuitively obvious as long as you
understand
o LPAR configuration modes
o Primary and secondary CPUs
o The DEFINE CPU command
o The SET VCONFIG command
o The CPU statement in the directory
o The COMMAND statement in the directory and all that it implies
o CPU affinitiy
o The relationships among the above

What could be easier?  (I know - almost anything else.)  ;-)

We did indeed do a poor job of making this understandable.  :-(  Needless
to say, you are not the first person to trip over this.  As usual, please
send e-mail to mhvr...@us.ibm.com (aka "submit a Reader's Comment Form")
so that the writers can get working on it.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott