We are in the research and planning stage of a project that will probably
be an SAP implementation with DB2 as the database back-end.

Currently, we run DB2 on AIX, Linux under z/VM, Linux under VMWare, and on
z/OS ( plus a new Win 2008r2 server).
We also run a passel of WebSphere application servers on AIX and Linux
under VMWare.

With that as background, I am looking for input from current SAP shops on
the process of determining the platform for implementing SAP - both the app
server portion and the DB portion.
Why should I choose/avoid Linux on Z for any portion ( I will admit that I
am biased toward Linux on Z ) and is there a benefit from running on DB2
LUW over DB2 z/OS or vice-versa ?

I have a couple of RedBooks but any decent whitepapers, RedBooks,
RedPieces, etc will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,
Bruce Lightsey
Mississippi Dept. of Information Technology Services
301 N. Lamar St., Suite 508
Jackson, Ms 39201-1495

mailto:bruce.light...@its.ms.gov