Nagios is in use at the server side. Each client (our servers) has the
nagios client, with scipting instead of the nagios plugins, and sec.

Sec is in use for monitoring the /var/log/messages, it makes the server
go into Q3 and stay there and has quite some CPU load as well. Usefull,
I don't know, perhaps but why brun so many cycles and keep busy all the
time? I mean, how many message can you write and consequently read? At
least when we monitor the linux console with PROP we won't have that
much overhead.

The other part is scripting scheduled in cron to monitor the filesystem
and processes. They tend to run at the same time for all servers and
have some CPU load as well. I did notice the mon_fsstat and such, that
only have minor impact on the linuxsystem and they even write records
every minute. So in this case, usefull yes, but at a cost.

Berry.