Some success using LCS - I added the following to the Herc conf file

0700.2 3088 10.0.2.5 -n /dev/net/tun -m 01:02:03:04:05:06

and then restarted the install.

I then managed to make progress using the URL install method and ftp - after
successfully logging on to the ftp server things started to happen.   So far
so good.

Alas,  suddenly it all evaporated into a puff of smoke - the following is a
snip from the log.

Can anyone explain why the install decided to shutdown -

02:44:43,403 INFO    : transferring
ftp://b...@20.250.180.52/RHEL6/images/instal
l.img
02:45:24,353 INFO    : mounted loopback device /mnt/runtime on /dev/loop0 as
/tm
p/install.img
02:45:24,354 INFO    : got stage2 at url
ftp://b...@20.250.180.52/RHEL6/images/i
nstall.img
02:45:24,354 INFO    : reset repo= parameter to
ftp://b...@20.250.180.52/RHEL6
02:45:26,682 INFO    : Loading SELinux policy
02:45:42,692 INFO    : getting ready to spawn shell now
02:45:42,697 INFO    : not spawning a shell
02:45:54,461 INFO    : Running anaconda script /usr/bin/anaconda
about to exec shutdown
disabling swap...
unmounting filesystems...
       /mnt/runtime done
       disabling /dev/loop0 LOOP_CLR_FD failed: 16
       /proc done
       /dev/pts done
       /sys done
       /selinux done
waiting for mdraid sets to become clean...
Error: mdadm exited with status: 127
sending termination signals...done
sending kill signals...done
halting system
HHCCP042I SYSCONS interface inactive
CPU0000: SIGP Stop (05) CPU0001, PARM 0000000000000000: CC 0
CPU0000: SIGP Stop (05) CPU0000, PARM 0000000000000000: CC 0
Command ==>