On Wednesday, February 09, 2011 03:47:38 pm you wrote:
> On 2/9/11 12:40 PM, McKown, John wrote:
> > tee can output to multiple files? The man page implies only a single
> > file.
>
> Hmmm...maybe you need a new enough tee also:
>
> SYNOPSIS
>        tee [OPTION]... [FILE]...
>
> DESCRIPTION
>        Copy standard input to each FILE, and also to standard output.

Doh!  I should have remembered that.  So the functions I wrote could have been
implemented as:

Ntee() {
tee "$@" >/dev/null
}

Just goes to show that there's usually several ways to do anything in Linux.
I focused on doing it entirely in bash.
        - MacK.
-----
Edmund R. MacKenty
Software Architect
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street  -  Newton, MA 02466-2272  -  USA
Tel: +1.617.614.4321
Email: m...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com