  From:       Craig Collins <grizl...@gmail.com>

  To:         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU

  Date:       03/09/2011 07:37 AM

  Subject:    Re: TSM server

  Sent by:    Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

Yes, we actually worked with our account team from IBM and they brought in
some of the IBM experts to help us take a closer look at this.  It was
determined that the additional memory was needed due to the database change
between the two versions.  Given enough memory, I think it would work fine.
 We decided the best alternative for us was to move it off of zSeries, that
it wasn't the best fit for z/Linux.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Alan Altmark
<alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>wrote:

> On Tuesday, 03/08/2011 at 08:51 EST, Craig Collins <grizl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > We were using zLinux to host TSM servers with TSM release 5.5 and were
> happy
> > with performance and memory consumption.  We backed-up 100s of servers
> > night using a z10 processor with multiple IFLs.  Once we upgraded to
TSM

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or