From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Hughes,
Jim
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 9:39 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: New User Linux on z10 question

Someone told me it is possible to run 12 Linux images on a single IFL without
the use of z/VM.

Is this true and how?

The management around here heard this statement a while back and are now on a
quest for us to create an LPAR for the IFL to run multiple Linux images on it.
I must have missed the memo and I am looking for what I may have missed.

Thanks in advance.

____________________
Jim Hughes
Consulting Systems Programmer
Mainframe Technical Support Group
Department of Information Technology
State of New Hampshire
27 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301
603-271-5586    Fax 603.271.1516

Statement of Confidentiality: The contents of this message are confidential.
Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, use or dissemination (either whole
or in part) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your
system.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/