Hello John,

<BANLkTi=_Tbrmfha6p2L-3s=dq9=xfqh...@mail.gmail.com>, John Campbell
<soup...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I recall aright, ASP is dependent upon IIS, isn't it?  It's an
> M$-only web server extension, right?

You are right if this was a Microsoft-only world.  The Mono project is the open
source implementation of the open standard .NET framework which can run on
non-Windows OSes like Linux.  This means that ASP.NET web applications can be
run on SLES on System z using Mono.  Mono has implemented a mod_mono Apache
module which enables Apache to serve up ASPX and DLL based web content.  Novell
provides a supported subscription called the SUSE Linux Enterprise Mono
Extension where customers can deploy ASP.NET apps on SLES on System z (and
Intel).

www.mono-project.com

Mike