> Since it's a fresh disk every time, you'd have to do the mkswap every
> time
> you log in, so my guess is that's why you'd need the mkswap and
> subsequent
> swapon in the boot.local. The vdisk wouldn't be formatted when you get
> it at
> each fresh logon.

I'll point out that running SWAPGEN before Linux IPL is intended to solve this
problem. IPL CMS in the Linux guest at boot, and run SWAPGEN in the PROFILE
EXEC. The swap disk is formatted and marked as a swap disk, and Linux "just
works" from release to release, without having to do local mods inside the
Linux system.

--d b