If that's the case - you don't grant access.   I am objecting to the
automatic assumption that there's a security problem because someone wants
to use a driver to read a z/OS volume.   Just as if I have a confidential
file on my 191 disk..  I don't grant access even if the rest of the files
are completely benign.

Note that none of us has really contributed to answering Tore's question.

Scott Rohling