On 6/16/11 6:48 PM, "Mark Post" <mp...@novell.com> wrote:

>wrote:
>> Any
>> thoughts on how to proceed here? Is a regular mailserver (postfix?)
>> capable of providing shared mailboxes?

Take a look at this presentation by Scott Courtney:

http://www.sinenomine.net/publications/conferences/2005/email

It describes a massively scalable (the design point was 10 million
mailboxes) mail system configuration that works well for this kind of
thing. It offers shared mailboxes, high delivery rates, spam filtering,
and a nice control panel interface with instrumentation for flow rates,
etc. There would be no problem to update this design for SLES 10 or 11;
all the components are there.

You could also run real Exchange using the Windows Enabler code we wrote
(assuming you can get Windows CALs for it). Offlist if you want to
discuss.

-- db