Hi David,

On 10.07.2011 05:20, David Boyes wrote:
Yes. At the moment, it's not aware of the crypto cards, so it's quite expensive in terms of CPU to do it on the Z processor, but it does work.
Do you know, which library is used for encryption?
If Bacula on Z uses openssl, it would be very easy to exploit all cryptographic hardware support (SHA, DES, AES, RSA etc.) of System z platform. If you need more information about hardware crypto support and how you could exploit it, please feel free to contact me. I can provide you programming examples, how to use crypto hardware support via openssl as well as using libica directly.

--
with kind regards,
Holger Dengler

Linux on System z Development

IBM Deutschland Research&  Development GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen