Several MVS systems currently ftps put to zLinux some very large plain text
files.... Some are several GB in size.

I would like to change the MVS process to terse the file before sending, but
as far as I've been able to find, an unterse is not available on Linux. I
doubt that's true, I just don't know where to look. :-)

These files are not PDS(E), or other things that linux has no concept of,
they are just plain, flat files... (They are actually FBM text files, but
when linux gets it, I know longer care about the "M" part, these things will
never be "printed".

Can somebody suggest where I can get a trsmain equivalent that runs on
Linux?

Thank you