Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to define authority to a SYSPROG
group under RACF/VM.  I don't want SYSPROG members to have all authority
so I don't want to just add SPECIAL and OPERATION attributes to the group.
 But they should be able to perform system-wide list operations and such.
I also want them to have certain system display capabilities.  It seems
the only way to do that is via privilege classes.  If I'm right, it looks
like I will be doing a combination of RACF alterations to the SYSPROG
group as well as privilege class changes to the individual system IDs.

Troy Slaughter | Software Consultant | Mainframe Platform Engineering
50 South Lasalle Street, LQ 11SE, Chicago, Illinois, 60603 | Phone
312-557-6322 | Cell 312-208-3735 | t...@ntrs.com
Please visit northerntrust.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is confidential, may be
privileged and is meant only for the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender ASAP and delete this
message from your system.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To the extent that this message or any attachment
concerns tax matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by
a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by
law. For more information about this notice, see
http://www.northerntrust.com/circular230

<<image/jpeg>>