From: Linux on 390 Port [LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Troy A Slaughter
[t...@ntrs.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:07 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: RACF and sysprog ID

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to define authority to a SYSPROG group
under RACF/VM.  I don't want SYSPROG members to have all authority so I don't
want to just add SPECIAL and OPERATION attributes to the group.  But they
should be able to perform system-wide list operations and such.  I also want
them to have certain system display capabilities.  It seems the only way to do
that is via privilege classes.  If I'm right, it looks like I will be doing a
combination of RACF alterations to the SYSPROG group as well as privilege class
changes to the individual system IDs.

[cid:_2_0F36822C0F367E5800589D60862578F0]
Troy Slaughter | Software Consultant | Mainframe Platform Engineering
50 South Lasalle Street, LQ 11SE, Chicago, Illinois, 60603 | Phone 312-557-6322
| Cell 312-208-3735 | t...@ntrs.com <mailto:t...@ntrs.com>
Please visit northerntrust.com<http://www.northerntrust.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is confidential, may be privileged
and is meant only for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender ASAP and delete this message from your
system.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To the extent that this message or any attachment
concerns tax matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by a
taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by law. For
more information about this notice, see http://www.northerntrust.com/circular230