I haven't done it on Linux (yet) but on Windows I always put ;. in the
PATH so that it would always search the current path when I issued a
command - perhaps if I wasn't so fixated on the command line that wouldn't
have been an issue.

That might be worth considering for Linux

Lionel

Lionel B. Dyck <><
z Client Architect
IBM Corporation - West IMT