There is a subcommand/setting in (SLES9/10/11) FTP called "preserve", which
says whether or not the timestamp on the file when you transfer it gets
rewritten or not.  It is defaulted such that the timestamp on a 'get' remains
the same.

I have been asked if there is a way (other than issuing 'preserve off') to set
this via some '.ftp_profile' or configuration file.  I know that I could
download the FTP source, find the setting in there, change it, and recompile
the program, but I would think there'd be an easier way.  Can anyone think of
how you would do this?

Thanks,

Mike Frederick