If /matt is owned by root, then be sure to set no_root_squash on the Linux
side.

-- R; <><

On Sep 23, 2011 8:38 AM, "Dazzo, Matt" <mda...@pch.com> wrote:
> That made a different because I now have new error codes. My question is
could I now be dealing with a permissions problem?

> The BPXF135E rc=79 leads me to think that because it states 'This
operation does not work on a read-only file system. Action: The service was
requested for a file system that was mounted read-only. The service requires
that the file system be mounted read/write'.

> The Linux directory /matt was create with root, would this cause any
issue?

> BPXF135E RETURN CODE 00000079, REASON CODE 6E017020. THE MOUNT FAILED FOR
FILE SYSTEM SYS1.NFSTEST

> This is the permissions in the Linux side of the /matt dir.
> drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Sep 14 11:36 matt
>
> Thanks

Sterling James
> Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 3:52 PM
> To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
> Subject: Re: RH NFS Server
>
> Matt,
> Here's a swag;
> I think at zOS 1.10, the NFS client using NFS V4 protocols;
> Try changing you parm to;
> PARM('lntest1.li.pch.com:/matt,XLAT(Y),ver(3)')
>
> and retrying the mount.
>
> HTH
>

> From:
> "Dazzo, Matt" <mda...@pch.com>
> To:
> LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
> Date:
> 09/22/2011 01:33 PM
> Re: RH NFS Server
> Sent by:
> Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
>

> Rich, I updated the Linux (27.2.39.104) hosts file to contain a dns name,
> same on the mvs side. So now I can use dns name which should be resolved.
> I am going to cross post this on MVS-OE list and see if I get any
>

> Linux(lntest1) hosts file
> 27.1.39.74 mvstech.li.pch.com
> 27.1.39.104 lntest1.li.pch.com
>
> Linux exports file
> /matt mvstech.li.pch.com(ro)
>
> MVS mount commands
> MOUNT FILESYSTEM(LN.NFSTEST) TYPE(NFS) +
> MOUNTPOINT('/u/st1mat/test/') +
> PARM('lntest1.li.pch.com:/matt,XLAT(Y)')
>
> Errors received,
> BPXF162E ASYNCHRONOUS MOUNT FAILED FOR FILE SYSTEM LN.NFSTEST.
> BPXF028I FILE SYSTEM LN.NFSTEST WAS 592
> NOT MOUNTED. RETURN CODE = 0000046A, REASON CODE = 6E2A1003

>>> SYS1.OMVS.NFSTEST - is an empty zfs not currently mounted.
>>> MOUNTPOINT('/u/st1mat/test/') - empty dir on mvs uss