>>> On 9/26/2011 at 03:04 PM, "Dazzo, Matt" <mda...@pch.com> wrote:
> I finally got some messages to the /var/log/messages file. What might these
> means? Thanks Matt
>
> Sep 26 14:54:35 lntest1 mountd[1264]: authenticated mount request from
> 27.1.39.74:1023     for /home/matt (/home/matt)
> Sep 26 14:54:35 lntest1 kernel: nfsd: request from insecure port
> (27.1.39.74:1062)!
> [root@lntest1 log]#

It means that the z/OS client initiated the mount request on outgoing port
1062.  Since only root can open ports between 0-1023, those are called 'secure
ports" and anything else is referred to as "unprivileged" or "insecure" ports.
Some NFS server implementations don't like mount requests coming in on
unprivileged ports, since it means that some process that might not be running
as root has done that.

I don't recall if the z/OS NFS client can be made to only make requests on
secure ports or not.  If not, then you'll have to tell your NFS server to
accept requests on unprivileged ports.