From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Craig Pace
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 10:47 AM
To: LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu
Subject: [LINUX-390] Accessing Old Linux System After DASD Move

List,

I have been doing some reading, scanning and searching and have come to
many different answers and was wondering if someone might have some
suggestions on this item.  We have an old Linux environment.  I am not
sure how old it is; however, I know it is between 2 & 3 years at least.
The system (Linux on System z - LPAR Mode) was not active and had the DASD
(ECKD format) moved from one storage sub-system to another with now
different UCBs.  I have been asked to look into bring up this system.  Is
there any "easy" way to access the data to update the required
configuration to now point to the correct UCB addresses?  At this point,
we only have z/OS LPARs running in the environment with no other Linux.  I
was hoping that I might be able to do something with USS; however, he does
not know about the "formatted" filesystems that was built by Linux-390.

Thanks,

Craig Pace
Lead z/OS Systems Programmer
Fruit of the Loom, Inc.(r)

Office: (270) 781-6400 ext. 4397
Cell:   (270) 991-7452
Fax:    (270) 438-4430
E-mail:  cp...@fruit.com

One Fruit of the Loom Drive
PO Box 90015
Bowling Green, KY 42102-9015

This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note
that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
then destroy any copies of it.