On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:23:37 -0500
"CHAPLIN, JAMES (CTR)" <james.chap...@cbp.dhs.gov> wrote:

> The sysplex is a big issue at our shop, so this will be interesting,
> more so than the Y2K eleven years ago ;-). Thanks for responding.

If you are doing a review of time handling in your Linux/Unix apps as part
of this you might also want to look at anything 32bit using "Unix" type
time, or anyone storing a unix time in a 4 byte field.

Four byte (ie 32bit) unix time ends in 2038 and the chances are it's
going to be as unpleasant as Y2K if not more so because it'll be all the
embedded old stuff that keels over along with any 32bit apps. 64bit Unix
time will be good till long after the milky way crashes into our
neighbour galaxy and a bit more.

Alan