Thanks Mark for the help

Thanks
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of
Mark Post
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:43 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: zFCP issue with RHEL5

>>> On 12/13/2011 at 02:22 PM, "Shumate, Scott" <scshum...@bbandt.com>
wrote:
> Im trying to remove a LUN from an adapter on my RHEL5 server.  It
> fails with this error -bash: echo: write error: No such device or
> address
>

> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You first have to tell the SCSI layer to delete the LUN from use.
Underneath the directory you were in, you'll see a subdirectory of
"host?" where ? is the host number of the HBA.  Under that will be one
or more rport* directories.  Under those will be one or more target*
directories, and under those will be one or more directories that look
like the numbers at the end of the lszfcp -D display:
0:0:0:1
0:0:0:2
2:0:0:2
etc.

In those directories, you'll see a pseudo file named "delete".  You have
to echo a 1 into that before trying to do the echo to unit_remove.  SUSE
has zfcp_disk_configure, which we wrote for our customers.  I don't know
if Red Hat has a tool to figure all that out for you or not.  Check the
contents of the s390-tools RPM (I think Red Hat renames that though) and
see if something similar is there.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390