El 13/12/11 20:43, Mark Post escribió:
>> Im trying to remove a LUN from an adapter on my RHEL5 server.  It fails
>> with this error -bash: echo: write error: No such device or address
>>

>> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
> You first have to tell the SCSI layer to delete the LUN from use.  Underneath
> the directory you were in, you'll see a subdirectory of "host?" where ? is
> the host number of the HBA.  Under that will be one or more rport*
> directories.  Under those will be one or more target* directories, and under
> those will be one or more directories that look like the numbers at the end
> of the lszfcp -D display:
> 0:0:0:1
> 0:0:0:2
> 2:0:0:2
> etc.
>
> In those directories, you'll see a pseudo file named "delete".  You have to
> echo a 1 into that before trying to do the echo to unit_remove.  SUSE has
> zfcp_disk_configure, which we wrote for our customers.  I don't know if Red
> Hat has a tool to figure all that out for you or not.  Check the contents of
> the s390-tools RPM (I think Red Hat renames that though) and see if something
> similar is there.
>

> Mark Post

Hello Scott,

Mark gave good advise here for manual actions required to remove a block
device .

For a complete description of SCSI block devices management in RHEL 5
you can find the "Online Storage Reconfiguration Guide" available online
or for downloading at:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/pdf/Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-5-Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide-en-US.pdf

The chapter that describes block devices removal is online at:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html-single/Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide/index.html#removing_devices

It's also handy for LUN automated detection/removal the utility
rescan-scsi-bus.sh .
Description is in the same manual, at:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html-single/Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide/index.html#rescan-scsi-bus

In case you use RHEL 6, the very same information is located at chapter
24 of the more comprehensive "Storage Administration Guide":
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/index.html

BTW, s390-tools is called s390utils in RHEL.

Hope this helps.

--
Rafael Godínez Pérez
Red Hat - Senior Solution Architect EMEA

Dirección Comercial: C/Jose Bardasano Baos, 9, Edif. Gorbea 3, Planta 3ºD,
28016 Madrid, Spain
Dirección Registrada: Red Hat S.L., C/ Velazquez 63, Madrid 28001, Spain
Inscrita en el Reg. Mercantil de Madrid – C.I.F. B82657941