From: Smith, Ann (ISD, IT)
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 9:49 AM
To: 'Linux on 390 Port'
Subject: RE: Porting old application- numeric keypad

Yes HOD was used with HPUX and will be used with linux on z.

Now they tell me they had on HPUX and stiil have on z a problem with processes
left by users not terminating out of HOD properly. Processes that are left
apparently use quite a bit of cpu. They reworked a kill script they ran on HPUX
so it can identify and kill such processes on SLES10.

Have you heard of this with X'ing out or terminating HOD?

At the same time as moving to linux on z they are moving users jobs to India
and we will have this problem day and night. I've have started to get paged day
and night when the cpu usage hits a limit due to these leftover processes.