Thanks, that was what I was looking for.

James Chaplin
Systems Programmer, MVS, zVM & zLinux
-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of
Damian Gallagher
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 9:47 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Required packages on a zLinux server running Oracle vs "Put
everything on"

Oh, we can do better than that :-) On the assumption that you have a
support contract, all you need is in this article:
Note 1086769.1 -Ensure you have prerequisite rpms to install Oracle
Database and AS10g(midtier) on IBM: Linux on System z (s390x)

This provides an rpm which consists only of prereqs, thus ensuring you
have the packages needed for the appropriate product. Run both sets, and
you're good for E-Business Suite also.

It won't necessarily tell you what you have that's unnecessary, though.

Cheers
Damian