Hi - Alan is right, of course.  Let me add a few things.
1. although I have no idea as to your shop's actual reasoning in my
experience if z/os in charge of the I/O configuration (fairly typical)
they tend to be stingy generating RDEVs (OK, UCBs) on IQD type chpids.
I have no idea why z/os has this mentality as they often have thousands
of UCBs to handle DASD PAVing.  My practice if I can get get a hold of
the IOCP or at least influence it is to gen 255 addresses (RDEVs) on the
IQD chpids.
Oh yeah I sort of remember - z/OS doesn't have that many TCPIP stacks to
support so genning only a few triplets almost makes sense (the same
triplets can be shared on different LPARs - again this a style decision
you need to make at your shop).

2. don't be confused by the fact you have the same LAN segment on
different CHPIDs. They're ignorant of each other. Up until the moment
the moment that one stack has two sets of hipersockets defined to it the
networks can't see each other.

3. From z/VM MAINT userid do a:
Q CHPID E8
Q CHPID E9
this will show you the devices bolted off each chpid - could be
informative!

4. where possible I like to have only a few hipersocket IQD chpids -
hopefully one -, define a VLAN topology on top of the hipersocket
network, and go from there. It's charming.
David Kreuter