From: Linux on 390 Port [LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Joerg Reuter
[jreu...@suse.de]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 6:00 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: ksoftirqd using 100% CPU

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 04:43:25PM -0600, Ron Foster at Baldor-IS wrote:

> The only messages I can find have to do with a hipersockets time out.
> Feb  9 11:21:39 bus0104 kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: hsi0: transmit timed out
> Feb  9 11:21:39 bus0104 kernel: qeth: Recovery of device 0.0.5100
> started ...

Hmm, that shouldn't happen. If you have a support agreement,
can you open a service request with Novell / SUSE, please? We'll
need the files generated by running "supportconfig" and "dbginfo.sh",
and if you already have opened a case with IBM, the PMR would be handy.

Regards,
        Joerg
--
Joerg Reuter                                    http://yaina.de/jreuter
And I make my way to where the warm scent of soil fills the evening air.