On Thu, Apr 5th, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Lu GL Gao wrote:

> We know that linux cpu usage mainly include user cpu and sys cpu. But why
> performance toolkit value cannot corresponding with top command value?

<heresy>
Why not indeed.
Hipervisors are becoming a commodity item. IBM (and its ISVs) has fought
rear-guard actions on (costly) proprietary options in the past.
And lost.
Anyone remember SNA ?. Token-ring ?.
Maybe IBM were ahead of their time with VIF - time for a resurrection maybe ?.

Instead of trying to force users to conform to z/VM, maybe the powers that be
should be looking to contribute useful metrics upstream, and merely make z/VM
a generic hipervisor so users can concentrate on the things that earn them a
buck.
Or just toss it all in and get the z KVM module up to spec.
</heresy>

Shane ...